Hellllooo! And welcome to Eats Delightful!
I'm Mimi (the "hands" behind this blog lol)!
Eats Delightful was started back in late 2019 as a fun little hobby for me to de-stress with the hope of inspiring others to get into the kitchen and get making!
Here, you'll find a TON of dessert recipes to choose from and some savory treats here and there. Each recipe is crafted using simple ingredients and as little effort as possible!
I'm a firm believer that baking should be fun and not at all intimidating or tedious. So if there's a step we can skip, I will be the first to tell you!
A little about me (Mimi - or "Me Me" in this case lol):
• I hate baking ................ I'm kidding. I absolutely LOVE being in the kitchen!
• I discovered a new love for food photography after we started this blog!
• I hate doing dishes (but really, who doesn't?)
• my earliest / funniest kitchen experiences: I once started a fire while trying to reheat a store-bought taco shell, and I once added ice to a hot glass baking pan and it shattered in my hand. Ahhhh, good times. My mom didn't think it was funny though.
• my favorite season is fall - and second place is winter. I REALLY don't like summer
• I love taking long walks with just me and my music - although I'm ironically one of the laziest and least athletic people you could meet (I get winded going up half a flight of stairs... ask anyone who knows me, they can confirm)
• Speaking of music ... I love music! My favorite songs are courtesy of Linkin Park.
• My favorite cake flavor is black forest but that changes every other day, depending on my mood
• I am probably the biggest introvert you will ever know - also ironic that I'd be doing something as social heavy as blogging
• I'm a strong advocate for mental health
We love sweets (could you tell??), so we feature a whoooooolllleeee lot of cakes, cupcakes / muffins, pies / tarts, cookies, and more desserts! But we do also have a whole host of savory recipes to choose from, since (sadly) one cannot live off of sweets alone.
We truly believe that anyone can be a great baker with the right recipes and techniques - it doesn't matter how new or clumsy you are (I'm a HUGE klutz lol). I mean, one of my first memories in the kitchen is the time I started a fire trying to reheat a store-bought taco shell.......... I'm still a little scared when I reheat taco shells.
We live, learn, and grow.
I always try to tell you about my
COUNTLESS misses in the kitchen (there are a lot!) and that just comes with the path to becoming a better cook/baker.
I still make stupid mistakes (and I've been baking since I was in high school)! I forget to add baking powder to cake recipes I've been making for years. I over bake and over mix. Making some foods are just the bane of my existence.
All of our recipes aim to simplify the science of baking and go into detail about the why and not just the how behind recipes. I try to answer as many questions as I can whenever I write a post. And if you can't find the answers you're looking for, you can always drop a comment to ask! I respond to every single question as best I can.
Another huge thank you to YOU for being here and supporting us in our blogging journey!!!