Hellllooo! And welcome to Eats Delightful!
I'm Mimi (the "hands" behind this blog)!
a little bit about me!
• I'm a University of Toronto alumna
• I used to work in finance (which made me miserable and it's 100% why I even turned to blogging as my happy little escape)
• I hate baking ................ I'm kidding. I absolutely LOVE being in the kitchen! I've been baking since I was in high school and haven't taken a break since!
• my earliest / funniest kitchen experiences: I once started a fire while trying to reheat a store-bought taco shell, and I once added ice to a hot glass baking pan and it shattered in my hand. Ahhhh, good times. My mom didn't think it was funny though. Both experiences were almost 10 years ago, so I'm happy to say I've moved waaaay past that.
• my favorite season is fall - and second place is winter. I REALLY hate summer
• I love taking long walks with just me and my music - although I'm ironically one of the laziest and least athletic people you could meet (I get winded going up half a flight of stairs... ask anyone who knows me, they can confirm)
• Speaking of music ... I love music! My favorite songs are courtesy of Linkin Park!
• My favorite cake is black forest but that changes every other day, depending on my mood
• I am probably the biggest introvert you will ever meet - also ironic that I'd be doing something as social heavy as blogging
• I'm a strong advocate for mental health
what you'll find on Eats Delightful
We love sweets (could you tell??), so we feature a whoooooolllleeee lot of cakes, cupcakes / muffins, pies / tarts, cookies, and more delicious bakes! But we do also have a handful of savory recipes to choose from, since (sadly) one cannot live off of sweets alone.
We truly believe that anyone can be a great baker with the right recipes and techniques - it doesn't matter how new or clumsy you are (I'm a HUGE klutz lol).
Each recipe is crafted using simple ingredients and as little effort as possible! I'm a firm believer that baking should be fun and not at all intimidating or tedious. So if there's a step we can skip, I will be the first to tell you!
And it's most definitely NOT because I'm lazy.
....okay, maybe partially because I'm lazy.
We all make mistakes in life and baking is no different. We live, learn, and grow.
I still make stupid mistakes (and I've been baking since I was in high school)! I forget to add baking powder to cake recipes I've been making for years. I over bake and over mix. Making some foods are just the bane of my existence.
All of our recipes aim to simplify the science of baking and go into detail about the why and not just the how behind recipes. I try to answer as many questions as I can whenever I write a post. And if you can't find the answers you're looking for, you can always drop a comment to ask! I try to respond to every single question as best I can.