Hellllooo! And welcome to Eats Delightful!
I’m Mimi (the “hands” behind Eats delightful)! Eats Delightful was started back in late 2019 as a fun little hobby for me to de-stress with the hope of inspiring others to get into the kitchen and get making! Check out the very first recipe photo I took!
I’m happy to say the photos have come a looooong way since then lol
Never in my WILDEST dreams did I think that this baby blog would grow into what it is today, but I couldn’t be happier to have you along for the ride 🙂
A little about me (Mimi – or “Me Me” in this case lol):
• I hate baking ……………. I’m kidding. I absolutely LOVE being in the kitchen!
• I discovered a new love for food photography after we started this blog!
• I hate doing dishes (but really, who doesn’t?)
• I love taking long walks with just me and my music
• my favorite season is fall – and second place is winter – I REALLY don’t like summer
• Speaking of music … I love music! My favorite songs are courtesy of Linkin Park.
• My favorite cake flavor is black forest
• I am probably the biggest introvert you will ever meet
• I’m a strong advocate for mental health
We love sweets (could you tell??), so we feature quite a few cakes, cupcakes/muffins, pies/tarts, cookies, and more desserts! But we do also have a whole host of savory recipes to choose from, since (sadly) one cannot live off of sweets alone.
We truly believe that anyone can be a great cook with the right recipes and techniques, so that’s exactly what we aim to deliver. I mean, one of my first memories in the kitchen is the time I started a fire trying to reheat a store-bought taco shell ………. True story.
We live, learn, and grow.
I always try to tell you about my
COUNTLESS misses in the kitchen (there are a lot!) and that just comes with the path to becoming a better cook/baker.
I still make stupid mistakes (and I’ve been baking since I was in high school)! I forget to add baking powder in cake recipes I’ve been making for years. I over bake and over mix. Making some foods are just the bane of my existence.
All of our recipes aim to simplify the science of baking and go into detail about the why and not just the how behind recipes. I try to answer as many questions as I can whenever I write a post. And if you can’t find the answers you’re looking for, you can always drop a comment to ask! I respond to every single question to the best of my knowledge.
Another huge thank you to YOU for being here and supporting us in our blogging journey!!!