Hellllooo! And welcome to Eats Delightful!
My name’s Mimi (the “hands” behind Eats delightful). My closest friend and I started this blog back in late 2019 in hopes of inspiring others to get into the kitchen and get making!
We love sweets (could you tell??), so there are quite a few cakes, cupcakes/muffins, pies/tarts, cookies, and more recipes to choose from! But we also have a whole host of savory recipes to choose from.
A little about me (Mimi – or “Me Me” in this case lol):
• I hate baking ……………. I’m kidding. I absolutely LOVE being in the kitchen!
• I discovered a new love for food photography after we started this blog!
• I hate doing dishes (but really, who doesn’t?)
• I love taking long walks with just me and my music
• Speaking of music … I love music!
• My favorite cake flavor is black forest
• I am probably the biggest introvert you will ever meet
• I’m a strong advocate for mental health
We truly believe that anyone can be a great cook with the right recipes and techniques, so that’s exactly what we try to provide!
I always try to tell you about my countless misses in the kitchen (there are a lot!) and that just comes with the path to becoming a better cook. I still make stupid mistakes (and I’ve been baking since I was in high school)!
All of our recipes aim to simplify the science of baking and go into detail about the why and not just the how behind recipes. I’ve always been extremely curious about WHY we do what we do in a recipe, but I usually struggle to find an answer.
WHY do I need to bring my ingredients to room temperature?
WHY do I need salt in a sweet recipe?
WHY can’t I just use all-purpose flour instead of cake & pastry flour in some recipes?
WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHYYYY?
I try my very best to answer all of that, and more, whenever I write and develop a new recipe. And if you can’t find the answers you’re looking for, you can always drop a comment to ask! I try to respond to every single question to the best of my knowledge.
A huge thank you to YOU for being here and supporting us in our journey to simplify recipe making! 🙂