Baked Feta Pasta (Viral TikTok Pasta!)
This pasta recipe is so simple, but surprisingly flavorful! To make the feta and tomato based sauce, you just need to toss everything together on a baking sheet and bake!
A little fact for you: this TikTok feta pasta recipe actually caused a shortage of feta cheese in Finland! I think that fact alone made me want to try it. But it also had a really cool method for making it!
I’m not quite sure who came up with the pasta recipe, but whoever it is deserves a serious SHOUT OUT! This method for making pasta is maybe the easiest I’ve ever tried (plus it’s also pretty fun!)
This recipe is a new family favorite! And I wanted to share my version of it with you all, but you can definitely customize the add-ins. The only rules are you need feta, you need oil, and you need tomatoes.
Baked feta pasta ingredients:
To make this recipe, you’ll need a handful of must have ingredients, and then you’re free to customize your herbs, spices, and additions!
The ingredients you’ll need are:
• cherry tomatoes: a must! You can get away with using diced tomatoes, but they won’t bake up quite the same
• feta cheese: a must because … I mean, it wouldn’t be feta pasta without it! (Buuuuut that being said, there are some delicious looking vegan variations that are the exception to this rule!)
• olive oil: a must! It adds flavor, helps with browning, and adds a touch more liquid to the “sauce” … if it’s even called a sauce??
• pasta: a must! But you can customize the type of pasta your use! Use any shape you like! You can also use whole-grain pasta
• salt & pepper: a must, of course!
Other than those ingredients, you can really play around with your own flavor combinations. In addition to the base ingredients, I like to add:
• garlic: which = flavor central!
• thyme: I used fresh, but you can also use dried
• parsley: for topping!
How to make baked feta pasta:
1. Combine cherry tomatoes, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and oil in your baking dish. Toss together.
2. Add feta to the center of the baking dish. Top with more olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Bake! Until the feta and tomatoes have softened.
4. Mash and toss pasta in feta/tomato mixture.
That’s ALLLL there is to it!
Feta pasta variations:
I think this recipe is pretty darn amazing as is, but it has a lot of room for creativity! Because of it’s simplicity, it’s super easy to add different flavors and make tweaks to it.
I used fresh thyme in this recipe just because I liked it the best. But you can use any other herbs that you like. I’ve seen some recipes use rosemary, basil (classic!), oregano, and/or chives.
You can also add some lemon zest (after baking) for added freshness and zip! Or if you’re feeling spicy (literally) try adding in some of your favorite spices like paprika or chili powder.
You can also add veggies like pepper, spinach, onion, broccoli, or whatever else you like.
If you liked this feta pasta, check out some of these other recipes!
Baked Feta Pasta Recipe (Viral TikTok Pasta Recipe)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, washed and dried
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (about 5 or 6 sprigs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounce block feta cheese
- 8 ounces dried pasta (your choice shape – I used penne)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven for 350°F.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, combine cherry tomatoes, garlic, thyme, salt and black pepper (reserve a small pinch of each for the feta), and about half of your olive oil. Give it a toss to combine and flatten the tomatoes into one even layer.
- Create an empty spot in the middle of the baking dish and place your feta in the center space. Top the feta with the remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake the tomato and feta mix in the center of your preheated 350°F oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the tomatoes and feta have softened and the tomatoes start to burst.
- While it bakes, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in your pasta, and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside while you wait for the feta and tomatoes to finish baking.
- Once the feta and tomatoes have finished baking, give them a mash with a fork to break everything up. Add your pasta to the baking dish and mix it in with the sauce. (Optional) Top with parsley. Serve!