These ranch chicken wraps make an easy and quick lunch that doesn’t skimp on flavor! You can also make this recipe with leftover chicken if you have any lying around!
Part of me wonders if I should even call this a recipe, considering how incredibly simple it is! I don’t think you can ever go wrong with a chicken wrap for lunch, but my family can even eat these for dinner when paired with the right side!
The recipe below goes over how to make theses wraps with chicken made from scratch. But you can for sure use leftover chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken to save on time + effort!
Chicken wrap ingredients:
All you need to make these chicken wraps is:
• chicken: you can make these wraps with either the simple recipe below or with leftover or store-bought chicken
• salt, pepper, oregano: if you’re making the chicken at home, this is ALL the seasoning you need!
• olive oil: to cook the chicken, again if you’re making it yourself
• tortillas: I used homemade tortillas, but you can also use large, store-bought tortillas!
• lettuce and red onions: these are my favorite veggies to include with ranch chicken wraps
• ranch dressing: dressing is packed with flavor, so we don’t need to do as much work!
How to make chicken ranch wraps:
1. Cook chicken. Season your chicken strips on all sides, and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
2. Make wraps. Spread ranch on one side of the tortilla, top with lettuce, onions, and chicken. Wrap like a burrito.
That. Is. It! See why it’s a recipe but not a recipe?
Chicken wrap storage:
Because there’s ranch dressing in the wraps, you’d ideally eat these as soon as possible. The dressing can cause the tortilla to soften as it sits.
If you want to take these wraps to-go, you can leave the dressing out and either add the ranch then wrap it up right before you plan on eating it, or just dip your wrap in the ranch as you eat!
Looking for more chicken recipes? Try some of these:
Ranch Chicken Wrap Recipe
For the chicken breast:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips (1 pound total)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the chicken wraps:
- 4 large flour tortillas * see notes
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, or more to taste
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- Make the chicken: Season chicken strips on all sides with salt, pepper, and oregano. Set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add your chicken to the skillet in one layer, and cook for about 5 minutes on both sides, or until cooked all the way through.
- Assemble the wraps: Spread about 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing on one side of your tortilla. Top with lettuce, onion, and 1 to 2 strips of chicken. Roll into a burrito, and serve!