Chocolate Chip Cookie Sheet Cake
This chocolate chip cookie cake is a delicious combination of two classic desserts! Tender and soft vanilla cake with the flavor of chocolate chip cookies, all packed into one easy to make recipe!
Have you ever craved cookies and cake at the same time? Were you forced to choose between the two? Do you ever wish you could have both at once? Is your name Bruce? (I hope someone got that reference!)
Well, this recipe is for you!
Chocolate chip cookie sheet cake ingredients:
• cake and pastry flour: you can use regular, all-purpose flour here. The cake and pastry flour will give you a more tender and light final cake, but the all-purpose flour works perfectly in a pinch! You can also make your own cake and pastry flour at home with just regular flour and cornstarch!
• baking powder & soda: I like to use both in this cake for a lighter and softer cake
• salt: just as important in desserts to balance out the sweetness!
• butter: for a chocolate chip cookie-like richness
• granulated sugar: for regular sweetness
• brown sugar: for chocolate chip flavor!
• eggs: we use quite a few eggs in this cake to give it more volume and structure
• vanilla extract: flavooorr!
• milk: to get the right batter consistency
• chocolate chips or chocolate chunks: either work fine here!
How to make chocolate chip cookie cake:
In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate, large bowl, cream together your butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until you no longer see dry granules of sugar and once the mixture turns slightly pale in color.
Add your eggs to the butter/sugar mixture one at a time, beating well in between each addition until everything is combined. Your mixture should be relatively smooth, but don’t be scared if you see some graininess. Butter and eggs do NOT always get along!
Add your vanilla and whisk to incorporate.
Add about half of your flour mixture to the butter/egg mix. Stir to incorporate. Add in your milk and whisk until everything is incorporated. Add your remaining flour mixture and gently stir until just combined. Take care not to over-mix!
Fold in your chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish that’s been generously buttered and lightly dusted with flour.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean of batter or crumbs. Cool to room temperature before slicing and serving!
Chocolate chip cookie sheet cake storage:
This cake is best served fresh, but it will keep well for about 5 days at room temperature when stored in an airtight container! You can also store this cake in the fridge for about 1 week.
You can also freeze this cake! Transfer to a large, freezer plastic bag and seal well (pushing out as much air as possible from the bag). Freeze for about 2 months. To defrost, set the cake out at room temperature for a few hours, or defrost in the fridge overnight.
If you liked this recipe, you may like some of these other recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sheet Cake Recipe
- 2 & 1/2 cups cake and pastry flour * see notes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed ** see notes
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside to work on the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or by hand with a wooden spoon, cream together the butter and sugar until it turns a light pale color and you no longer see dry granules of sugar. Add your eggs in one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Add your vanilla and beat until everything is incorporated.
- Add about half of your flour mixture to the butter/egg mix. Mix together until the flour is just combined. Add your milk and whisk until the milk is incorporated. Finish off by adding your remaining flour mixture, and whisk until everything is just combined. Don't over-mix!
- Fold in your chocolate chips or chunks. Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish, and smooth into an even layer. Bake in your preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature before slicing and serving!