These soft and chewy eggless almond butter cookies are a twist on classic peanut butter cookies. Featuring almond butter as the star of the show, these cookies make for an amazingly unique dessert or sweet snack!
Anyone who knows me knows I'm more of an almond butter > peanut butter kind of gal, sooooo you can guess how excited I was when an amazing follower on Instagram suggested making an almond butter cookie recipe!
It's giving all the peanut butter cookie vibes, but featuring almonds instead. Insanely chewy and soft with just the right amount of crunch, these are some darn. good. cookies!
And you know I LOVE a good eggless cookie recipe - so these treats are totally egg free!
- eggless almond butter cookie ingredients
- how to make almond butter cookies without eggs
- Make these cookies vegan / dairy free
- Make these cookies gluten free
- Make peanut butter cookies / other nut butter cookies
- eggless almond butter cookie storage
- Check out these other eggless recipes!
- Eggless Almond Butter Cookie Recipe
eggless almond butter cookie ingredients
• baking soda
• almond butter: look for all natural and smooth almond butter. Avoid almond butters with any added sugar or flavors
• sugar: brown sugar gives these cookies their super chewy texture, while granulated sugar is used to roll the cookie dough in for added sparkle and crunch
• milk: the substitute for eggs!
• vanilla extract
how to make almond butter cookies without eggs
1. Whisk together dry ingredients.
2. Cream together unsalted and almond butter, and sugar.
3. Whisk milk and vanilla into butter mixture.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix together to form dough.
5. Scoop 1 inch sized balls of dough and roll around in the palms of your hands to smoothen. (Optional) Roll the balls of dough in granulated sugar before arranging on your baking sheet.
6. Use a fork to press crossed indents into each cookie dough ball.
7. Freeze the indented cookies for 10 minutes to help them keep their shape.
8. Bake the cookies! Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Make these cookies vegan / dairy free
To make these cookies vegan and dairy-free, swap out the regular butter for vegan butter and use almond or oat milk in place of cow's milk.
Make these cookies gluten free
Substitute all-purpose flour for an equal amount of 1:1 or cup-for-cup gluten free flour.
Make peanut butter cookies / other nut butter cookies
You can use this recipe to make classic peanut butter cookies or any other nut butter cookies you like! The amount will stay the same, just make sure the nut butter you use is at room temperature (not too loose and not straight from the fridge) and is smooth.
eggless almond butter cookie storage
Cool the cookies completely to room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container or plastic bag. Seal well and keep stored at room temperature.
These cookies will keep for 1 to 2 weeks at room temperature.
Check out these other eggless recipes!
• Mini Eggless Chocolate Cake
• Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Eggs
• Rice Pudding Recipe (No Eggs)
• No Bake Chocolate Cornflakes Cookies
Eggless Almond Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 & ¼ cups (150g) all-purpose flour, spoon and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick / 60g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ⅔ cup (180g) all-natural creamy almond butter *see notes
- ⅔ cup (135g) packed brown sugar, light or dark
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- granulated sugar (optional - for rolling)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine, and set aside.1 & ¼ cups (150g) all-purpose flour,, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, add butter, almond butter, and brown sugar. Beat together until well combined and creamy.¼ cup (½ stick / 60g) unsalted butter,, ⅔ cup (180g) all-natural creamy almond butter, ⅔ cup (135g) packed brown sugar,
- Add your milk and vanilla to the butter mixture, and whisk together until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until you have a thick dough.3 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Scoop 1 inch sized balls of cookie dough and roll them in your hands to smoothen. (Optional) Roll the dough around in the granulated sugar before arranging on your parchment lined baking sheets. Leave about 2 inches of space between each cookie.granulated sugar
- Use a fork to press crisscrossed indents into the cookies (see photo above for visual). Freeze the cookies for 10 minutes to help prevent overspreading.
- Bake the cookies in the center of your preheated 350°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they've spread out and are no longer shiny.
- Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer onto a wire rack and set aside to cool completely before serving!
Leave a Comment