This bright and colorful fruit salad is super refreshing and healthy! It’s the perfect combination between sweet and tart, and you can use the same base recipe to add or substitute different types of fruits.
It maaaay be a bit off season to be making fruit salad right now, but I could literally eat this any day of the year! It’s super colorful and refreshing, and one of my favorite things to make and keep in the fridge for snacking on.
Fruit salad ingredients:
• mandarin oranges
• grapes: Note: feel free to customize the fruits you use in your salad! strawberries, apples, mandarins, and grapes are my personal favorites, but you can also add or substitute in other fruits that you like! Some options include other types berries, kiwis, pineapple, pears, peaches, bananas, and more! As long as you have about 7 cups of fruits, you can mix and match however you like.
• orange juice: the majority of the dressing flavor comes from this, so pick some good quality oranges!
• lemon juice: adds some tartness and also helps the fruits keep their bright and vibrant color!
• honey: adds a touch of sweetness and flavor
How to make fruit salad:
1. Whisk together dressing ingredients.
2. Combine fruits & dressing in bowl. Literally THAT easy!
Fruit salad storage:
Some fruits may keep for longer than others – and it also depends on how fresh and in season they are. But as a general rule of thumb, fruit salad will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge. To check if it’s still good, look out for the color and firmness of the fruit: they shouldn’t be brown or overly soft!
Check out these other recipes!
Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups diced apples, (about 2 large apples)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced in half
- 2 cups grapes, I used red and green, but you can use one or the other if you prefer
- 1 cup fresh mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned
- In a medium bowl or cup, combine orange juice, lemon juice and honey. Whisk to combine to make your dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine fruits and dressing. Toss to cover fruits with the dressing. Serve right away or refrigerate for up to 5 days!