This recipe features a chewy, GIANT chocolate chip cookie with a warm and gooey Nutella center! Chocolaty, buttery goodness in every bite!
GIANT chocolate chip cookie + Nutella.
Does it even need an intro??
How to make this giant chocolate chip cookie:
1. Cream butter & sugar together.
2. Stir egg and vanilla extract into the butter and sugar mix.
3. Add dry ingredients. Fold until just combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Layer cookie dough, Nutella, then more cookie dough.
6. Bake. Bake for about 20 minutes for chewy cookies and up to 30 minutes for crispy cookies!
How long does this giant cookie last?
This giant cookie tastes best when it's warm and fresh! But it will keep for up to 3 days at room temperature. Make sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap to keep it fresh for as long as possible!
If you're allergic to any ingredients found in Nutella, or if you just plain old don't like it, you can stuff this cookie with a few other treats!
You can use this same cookie dough recipe and stuff it with chocolate bars (like Reese's pieces, Snickers, Rolo), caramel, chocolate sauce, Oreos, cheesecake filling, m&ms, peanut butter, chocolate ganache, nuts, pumpkin pie filling, marshmallows, or s'mores!
The point is: you've got a lot of options!
If you liked this giant stuffed cookie, check out some of these other treats!
• chocolate chip cookie (without eggs)
• 3 ingredient, no bake cornflakes cookies
• 2 ingredient, no bake chocolate cups
• edible cookie dough
• chocolate chip cookie sheet cake
Giant Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup packed brown sugar, light or dark both work fine here
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9 inch round pie plate or cast iron skillet, and set aside. *see notes
- In a large bowl, combine butter and both sugars. Beat together until you get a smooth mixture and you no longer see any dry sugar granules. Add your egg and vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
- Add your baking soda, salt, and flour to the butter mixture. Fold in the dry ingredients until just combined and you no longer see any dry flour spots. Add the chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
- Place half of the cookie dough into your baking dish, and flatten evenly to cover the bottom and go about ½ an inch up the sides of the dish. Top with your Nutella hazelnut spread, and spread it evenly across the cookie dough (leaving a small boarder around the edges). Top with the remaining cookie dough and cover as best you can. I find it easiest to dollop the dough over the Nutella and gently flatten it.
- Bake in the center of your preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Bake for up to 30 minutes if you prefer a crispier cookie! Cool for about 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving!
Priscilla Madish says
I made this recipe and everyone LOVED IT!
I want to make it again, but I was checking if you can prepare this ahead of time and leave it in the fridge to cook in the oven the next day?
Hi Priscilla! I'm so happy you all enjoyed it 🙂 You definitely can make it ahead (up to 3 days) and bake it later! Just let it come to room temperature before baking if it's stored in a glass baking dish or any kind of pan that could shatter from a sudden shift in temperature ❤️
Priscilla Madish says
Oh, thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it 🥰
You're very welcome! 😊