These oven baked potatoes come equipped with a crispy crust and a fluffy and creamy interior. They are PACKED with flavor yet pair well with practically any meal! Perfect for a special occasion or just a regular dinner.
Herb roasted potatoes ingredients:
• potatoes: duh!
• salt: to season! It seriously feels like potatoes swallow a pound of salt sometimes....
• black pepper: to season
• garlic: garlic & potatoes are a match made in heaven!
• rosemary + thyme: to put the "herb" in "herb roasted potatoes"! Fresh is best. I've never tried this with dried herbs, but I've never been a huge fan of dried rosemary anyways
• olive oil: to add flavor, help with browning, and help the seasoning stick to the potatoes
How to make herb roasted potatoes:
1. Boil potatoes. It should take about 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Run under some cold water to make them cool enough to handle, before slicing each potato in half.
2. Combine seasoning ingredients. Mix to combine.
3. Toss potatoes in season mix. Toss until each potato is well coated in the garlic and herbs.
4. Roast! Spread onto a baking sheet and bake until golden. For extra crispy potatoes, roast the potatoes on a stainless steal or aluminum baking sheet, and arrange them cut side down!
Make ahead potatoes:
You can partially cook your potatoes up to 2 days in advance, and then season and roast them the day you plan on serving them.
Boil your potatoes for 15 minutes, or until fork tender (step 2 below), then cool completely to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate right away. You can season and roast your potatoes straight from the fridge (no need to let them warm up beforehand).
Seasoned and roasted potatoes don't keep too well, so it's best to enjoy them the day of.
Check out these other recipes!
Herb Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and drained well
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more for boiling the potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place your potatoes into a large pot. Cover the potatoes with water going about 1 inch above the potatoes, and season generously with salt (like you would when cooking pasta).
- Place the pot over a stove burner set to medium-high heat, and bring up to a boil. Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Run the cooked potatoes under cold water to cool enough to handle, and cut the potatoes in half. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix to combine. Add your halved baby potatoes to the seasoning mix, and toss to evenly coat.
- Pour your baby potatoes onto a large baking sheet and arrange into an even layer. For extra crispy potatoes, use a stainless steal or aluminum baking sheet and arrange the potatoes cut side down! Roast in the center of your preheated 400°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Cool slightly before serving!