Be your own barista for half the price! This super quick and easy homemade Frappuccino tastes like it came out of Starbucks. Customize with your favorite dairy, sweetener, or coffee to make it your own!
Fall has not been bringing with it the fall weather I was hoping for. It's been like summer 2.0, and I'm beyond bummed because I LOVE FALL WEATHER.
Buuuuuuuuuuut the silver lining is that a pumpkin Frappuccino is just what this situation calls for! It's filled with fall flavor but it's nice and chilly for this
horrible warm start to fall.
And what's especially great about making your own Frappuccino at home is that you can customize it however you like! Choose your own dairy, sweetener, and even type of coffee!
What is Frappuccino?
Basically speaking, a Frappuccino is like a coffee spiked milkshake. It's thick, icy, and creamy - and there are a million and one different flavor combinations you can use for it!
If you're super invested, here's a FULL article going over what is a Frappuccino!
• coffee: for best results, make sure your coffee is SUPER cold. I like to brew mine the night before, and blend everything together the next morning or afternoon. I used espresso, but you can use Columbian, decaf, Arabica, or whatever you like!
• dairy: use any dairy or substitute you like! I used half & half, but some other options include regular, almond, or soy milk.
• sweetener: you can use maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, Stevia, etc.
• pumpkin puree
• pumpkin pie spice: if you don't have any on hand, here's how to make pumpkin pie spice at home!
• whipped cream: optional, but whipped cream makes everything better!
How to make pumpkin Frappuccino:
Literally all you need to do to make this recipe is toss all of your ingredients together into a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy! If you have a strong blender, it shouldn't take too long.
If you have a kind of weaker blender, I'd recommend blending for about 30 seconds, pausing for 5 seconds, and blending again for 30 seconds. Continue blending on bursts with pauses in between each one until smooth.
I really wouldn't recommend blending it all in one go if your blender is weaker because it can start to heat up and ruin the consistency of the drink.
Check out these other recipes!
Homemade Pumpkin Frappuccino Recipe
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee, chilled in the fridge * see notes
- ¾ cup your choice of dairy or dairy substitute, I used half and half, but you can use regular, almond, or soy milk, etc.
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, or your preferred sweetener
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream (optional, for topping)
- In a large blender, combine all of your ingredients together. Blend until smooth. Serve plain or top with whipped cream and more pumpkin spice!