Honey Garlic Salmon
This salmon in honey garlic sauce recipe is deliciously sweet and flavorful. It comes together in under 15 minutes and is super easy to prepare!
Honey garlic salmon ingredients:
To make honey garlic glazed salmon, you will need:
• salt and pepper
• olive oil AND butter: this combination is key to prevent the salmon from sticking! Plus they both add amazing flavor!
• soy sauce
• lemon juice
How to make honey garlic salmon:
1. Sear salmon. Season the fillets and give them a quick cook in your skillet to brown them. They don’t need to be cooked through at this point. Transfer the salmon to a plate, and discard any excess oil in your skillet.
2. Make the sauce. Combine garlic, honey, soy sauce, and water in your skillet.
3. Heat until warmed then add salmon back to the skillet. Cook on medium low (occasionally basting the salmon with the sauce) until the salmon is cooked all the way through. Add lemon juice and desired topping, and serve!
What to serve with honey garlic salmon:
I like to serve this salmon with a simpler side because it’s already packed with flavor! Some of my favorite partners for this salmon include:
Liked this honey garlic salmon? Check out some of these other dinner recipes!
Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon filets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- toasted sesame seeds (optional topping)
- fresh chopped chives or green onions (optional topping)
- Season both sides of your salmon fillets with salt and black pepper. Set aside. Combine olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Place the skillet over a stove burner set to medium-high heat. Heat the skillet until the butter melts and starts sizzling.
- Place the salmon fillets in the skillet. Pan sear the salmon for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown on one side. Flip, and sear the other side for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. It's ok if the salmon isn't cooked through yet! Transfer the salmon to a plate, and set aside.
- Discard any excess butter/oil in the skillet. Add your garlic, honey, soy sauce, and water to the skillet. Place the skillet over medium heat until the sauce is warmed through and the honey is dissolved.
- Return the salmon to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, occasionally basting the salmon with the honey garlic sauce, until the salmon is fully cooked through. Add your lemon juice, and (if using) sesame seeds and chives. Serve!