Hot n’ Cold Spaghetti in Yogurt Sauce
One of the easiest pasta recipes I’ve ever made, this spaghetti in yogurt sauce comes together in 20 minutes or less and only uses 5 ingredients! You can also serve this spaghetti warm or cold.
* This recipe has since been updated 🙂
Let me introduce you all to the pasta recipe that I was obsessed with growing up! I’m still obsessed with it … but at least now I have a few other recipes I alternate between.
But I would say I ate this pasta at least once a day for a year straight.
Yes, it was excessive.
Yes, I would do it again.
What is hot n’ cold spaghetti??
You may be wondering what I mean by “hot and cold spaghetti”? I’m glad you asked! (or didn’t)
Well, this recipe involves adding your cold yogurt sauce to the hot spaghetti. Hot spaghetti + cold yogurt sauce! The heat from the spaghetti helps loosen up the yogurt a bit and slightly cooks the garlic to mellow out the flavor.
The name also refers to the fact that this spaghetti in yogurt sauce can be served either hot or cold! You can make this recipe into a cold pasta salad or warm pasta dinner.
If you ask me, both are delicious, but I tend to lean to the chilled version!
Spaghetti in yogurt sauce storage:
When it comes to storage, you can make this spaghetti and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
One thing to keep in mind is that the garlic will start to lose its flavor the longer it sits, but you can always add the garlic right before you’re ready to serve to preserve maximum flavor.
If you find the sauce has dried up, you can add a dollop of yogurt to make it creamy again.
If you liked this recipe, you may also like some of these other pasta lovers recipes!
Hot n’ Cold spaghetti in Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 10 ounces spaghetti, linguini, or similar shape
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced * see notes
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, or 2 & 1/2 teaspoons fresh mint (finely chopped)
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Once cooked to your liking, drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine your yogurt, garlic, mint, and a pinch of salt. Mix together until incorporated. Add the cooked spaghetti to the yogurt sauce. Toss to coat the pasta in the sauce. Adjust for salt if needed. Serve warm, or chill and serve cold!
I feel like I’d need to issue a re-print if this was a newspaper!
You may have noticed a name change for this recipe. It was originally published under the name “Hot n’ Cold Macaroni in Yogurt Sauce” (and the URL still shows that)
But that is WRONG!
This has been and always will be spaghetti! Of course, that’s not to say you can’t use macaroni. But to avoid confusion since I do use spaghetti, the name has been changed!