Celebrate strawberry season with this easy and flavorful cooler recipe! It’s packed with fresh and seasonal ingredients, and it’s a wonderful option to help cool you down in the hotter months.
I’ve been on a bit of a drink craze lately this month. But can you blame me?? Summer is not really my favorite season (mainly because it’s hot and sticky!) but even I have to admit that it’s the best season for drinks!
Icy, cool, refreshing drinks to be exact – and this cooler is a must try this season!
This drink is 100% alcohol free, so anyone and everyone can enjoy it! But if you like, you can add any of your favorite boozy additions. Some popular options are vodka, wine, or rum!
Mint strawberry cooler ingredients:
• strawberries: to make the strawberry syrup and more for serving
• sugar: for sweetness
• lemon or lime juice: adds a hint of freshness and flavor – AND it helps keep the color of the drink bright and vibrant!
• carbonated beverage: for the fizzzz! You can use any lemon-lime or neutral flavored drink (e.g. Sprite, ginger ale, carbonated water, etc.)
• water: to dilute it slightly. I find the drink can be a bit overpowering for my taste if it’s 100% carbonated beverage, so I like to thin it out with a bit of water for the perfect amount of fizz!
• mint: add it in at the end so it stays bright and fresh!
• ice: to make it extra refreshing!
How to make mint strawberry coolers:
1. Cook strawberries and sugar. We’re basically making a strawberry syrup here for the best flavor and smoothness! Cook until the strawberries are soft and dissolved, and they’ve released a significant amount of liquid (about 10 minutes).
2. Drain & cool strawberry syrup.
3. Combine! In a large bowl or pitcher, combine syrup, water, lemon juice, carbonated drink, and mint. Serve in glasses on top of sliced strawberries and ice.
Check out these other drink recipes!
Mint Strawberry Cooler Recipe
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled & cut into quarters (plus more for serving)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 & 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup carbonated beverage (like Sprite, carbonated water, ginger ale, etc.)
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- ice for serving
- Make the strawberry syrup: In a medium sauce pot, combine strawberries and sugar. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries have softened and released a significant amount of liquid. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Strain the strawberry mixture to remove any large chunks or seeds. Set the syrup aside to cool completely to room temperature.
- Make the cooler: In a large pitcher or bowl, combine the cooled strawberry syrup, lemon/lime juice, water, carbonated beverage, and mint leaves. Stir to combine. Serve on top of ice and more sliced strawberries!* NOTE: don't add the carbonated drink or mint to the mixture if you don't plan on serving it right away. Mint wilts pretty quickly and the carbonated drink will lose its fizziness!