This potato recipe is a stunning, layered and individualized side that goes with basically any meal! They’re perfect for special occasions because they resemble roses, but they’re even simple enough to make for a regular dinner side.
Potato stacks ingredients:
• Potatoes: wouldn’t be much of a potato stack recipe without … well, potatoes! You can use either Russet or Yukon gold potatoes for this recipe. Russet potatoes will yield a crispier stack while Yukon gold with have fluffier centers! Pros +
• Butter: flavor central!
• Rosemary: my favorite herb to include, but you can also use thyme, oregano, Italian seasoning … basically whatever you like!
• Garlic: fresh is best, but you can also use 1/2 a teaspoon garlic powder
• Salt and pepper: to season ’em up!
How to make potato stacks:
1. Peel, wash, and slice potatoes. You can leave the skin on if you’re in the mood to wash them well (which I am rarely up for …) Slice your potatoes SUPER thin. It’s easiest to use a mandoline for this step, but a sharp knife will do you fine as well!
2. Toss potato slices with seasonings.
3. Stack and bake! If you find the potatoes are browning more quickly than they’re baking, just loosely tent some aluminum foil over your muffin tin and continue baking them until cooked all the way through.
More side recipes for you!
Check out some of these other potato recipes!
Rosemary Potato Stacks Recipe
- 2 pounds Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, about 5 or 6 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (plus more for greasing the muffin tin)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 12 count muffin tin with butter or oil, and set aside.
- Peel your potatoes, and wash with cold water to remove any dirt or starch on the surface. You can also leave the skin on and just wash the potatoes. Using a sharp knife or mandoline, cut your potatoes into very thin slices (about 1/16 of an inch).
- In a large bowl, combine your potato slices, butter, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes in all the seasonings.
- Stack your seasoned potato slices in your muffin tin. Bake in the center of your preheated 375°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until knife tender and golden brown on the edges and top. If you find the potatoes stacks are browning too quickly, loosely tent with aluminum foil and continue baking until cooked all the way through.