These egg salad sandwiches are the best I've ever had! One of the easiest breakfasts/lunches to make, these sandwiches are tangy, creamy, and rich.
Egg salad sandwiches aren't really something I grew up on. I think that's partially because the first time I tried egg salad was memorable for all the wrong reasons. It was ... not good.
But since sorting out how to make egg salad at home, it's been nothing but smooth sailing! So they ARE something I wish I was introduced to earlier!
If you're like me and you get kind of bored of plain old boiled eggs, then this is a perfect way to switch up your breakfast. I mean, eggs + mayo + sour cream + mustard = outrageously flavorful and delicious breakfast!
Not a healthy egg salad. Not great for diets. But definitely great for taste buds.
How to make egg salad sandwiches:
1. Boil eggs. Cool and chop.
2. Mix together sauce. Combine mayo, mustard, sour cream, and salt and pepper.
3. Toss eggs in sauce.
4. Make your sandwiches! Layer bread, egg salad, chives, and bread!
Egg salad variations:
You can make this sandwich with a few additions for added zest! Some options include:
• chicken: think chicken salad + egg salad to give you a chicken egg salad! DE-LICIOUS!
• potatoes: for an egg potato salad mix
• tuna: freshly cooked or canned, flaked to make an egg tuna salad
• avocado: for a rich avocado egg salad
If you liked these egg salad sandwiches, check out some of these similar recipes!
The BEST Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of sandwich bread, toasted or soft (depending on your preference) * see notes
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped chives or scallions
- Place your eggs in a medium saucepan. Fill the pan with water going about 1 inch above the eggs. Bring to a boil and reduce heat slightly to prevent having the eggs crack. Gently boil for 7 to 8 minutes. Take the eggs out of the hot water and transfer to an ice bath. Once cooled, peel and dice your eggs, and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine. Add the eggs to the mayo mix and gently stir until combined.
- Divide and spread the egg salad evenly between 2 pieces of bread. Top with chopped chives or scallions and top each sandwich with another piece of bread. Serve!