Sweet, creamy white chocolate and fresh, tart cranberries are a match made in heaven. Put them in an easy to make loaf form, and you have an amazing holiday treat!
It’s November – sooooo it’s time for cranberry everything!!
One random fact about me (that you could’ve gone your whole life without knowing) is that I never tried cranberries until like 2 years ago – but in true Mimi fashion, it became an instant
obsession favorite! While cranberries obviously taste amazing, I’m especially a major sucker for the color. It’s so pretty and festive!
Today, we’re showing cranberries some love by putting them in cake form. Because nothing says “love” quite like cake, amiright?? This cake also features white chocolate, which melts so well into this cake – you can barely see the chocolate chips, but you can sure as heck taste them!
white chocolate cranberry cake ingredients:
• flour: you’ll need flour for the cake batter, and a little bit (1 tablespoon) for tossing the cranberries in. Tossing the cranberries in flour helps keep them from sinking to the bottom of the batter.
• baking powder + baking soda
• vanilla extract
• white chocolate chips or chunks
• cranberries: you can use fresh or frozen cranberries for this cake. If using frozen, do not defrost them otherwise they’ll water down your cake. Leave them in the freezer until you’re ready to add them into the batter.
how to make white chocolate cranberry cake:
1. Whisk together dry ingredients.
2. Whisk together wet ingredients.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix just until you get a batter. A few clumps are fine!
4. Toss cranberries in flour. This helps keep the cranberries from sinking to the bottom in the batter.
5. Fold cranberries and white chocolate into the cake batter.
6. Pour the batter into a loaf pan & bake! I added a few (okay, more than a few lol) extra chocolate chips to the top of the cake towards the end of the bake time. You can as well or just leave the top as is! If you do decided to add them, make sure to sprinkle them over sometime during the last 10 minutes of the bake time (any earlier and they could over brown / burn).
7. Cool the loaf completely in the pan. Pull the loaf out of the pan & slice when you’re ready to serve!
white chocolate cranberry cake storage:
This cake is best served within 1 to 2 days for maximum freshness, but it will keep for about 3 days at room temperature or 5 days in the fridge. Wrap your loaf tightly in plastic wrap to seal in the freshness, and avoid slicing the cake until you’re ready to serve it to keep the inside from drying out.
This cake also freezes beautifully! Wrap the loaf tightly in plastic wrap, followed by a layer of aluminum foil (to prevent freezer burn). Freeze for up to 2 months.
To defrost, set the frozen loaf out at room temperature for a few hours, or until thawed.
Check out these other recipes!
White Chocolate Cranberry Cake Recipe
- 2 & 1/2 cups (300g) + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, spoon and leveled, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (115g / 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120mL) milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170g / 6 oz) white chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 cups (110g) fresh or frozen cranberries, do NOT defrost if using frozen
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 2 & 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside to prep the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add in your sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix together until just combined. A few lumps are fine! Take care not to over mix.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, combine your remaining 1 tablespoon of flour and the cranberries. Toss together until the cranberries are coated in flour.
- Add the cranberries and white chocolate to the cake batter. Fold together to combine.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, and spread into an even layer. Bake the cake in the center of your preheated 350°F oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. If you find your cake is browning too quickly on top, but the center is still raw, loosely tent with aluminum foil to finish baking.
- Cool the cake completely to room temperature in the pan before pulling it out and serving!