Italian Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
The perfect healthy snack to munch on, roasted chickpeas are crispy, crunchy, and packed with nutrients! This roasted chickpea recipe uses Italian seasoning for an Italian flavor, as well as garlic and olive oil to season.
Servings 1 & 1/2 cups roasted chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can cooked chickpeas, or 1 & 1/2 cups cooked dried chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, for topping (optional)
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
Rinse and drain your cooked chickpeas well. Pat dry with paper towels to remove moisture. Transfer your chickpeas to your baking sheet.
Top the chickpeas with your olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Toss the chickpeas to coat in the seasoning.
Spread the chickpeas into an even layer on your baking sheet, making sure the chickpeas aren't overlapping too much. Bake in your preheated 400°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until slightly shrunken and golden brown.